Saturday, June 04, 2005

London through fresh eyes

I keep forgetting how much I love randomly rambling through a city. While showing my newly arrived sister around London, I took a short cut from Picadilly Circus to Oxford Circus, and was rewarded by tripping across Playlounge, which stocks the most wonderfully bizarre and dark toys. In spite of a slightly annoyed Lynette tugging at my sleeves to leave, I stayed long enough to buy a set of figures from Tim Burton's The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy: And Other Stories for Zara, who loved the book. I simply must wander the streets more often, when treasures like this are just begging to be discovered.

1 comment:

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Oh yes, I used to pass that shop on the way to work. Great stuff. Playing tour guide is brilliant, eh?