Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blog activity


Livejournalage
Originally uploaded by sinplicity.
It occurred to me that it's been a while since I last had anything of interest - mine, that is - to write here, and that there might just be a pattern in the level of blogging I do throughout the year. So, I set out my entries on a monthly basis, and converted them into an activity list by representing them as a fraction of the overall activity for the year, in order to compare the monthly figures, et voila! I've use a 6th order polynomial - the highest Excel will go - to smooth out the plots, and hopefully produce some corresponding peaks and troughs.

The only thing that stands out for me is the high activity at the beginning of each year; clearly New Year's Remorse at work there. But there are also little blips just after Easter and again after the summer holidays which correspond nicely with my regular pattern of vacationing, in that the blogging surges just after my holidays, when I am nice and rested and have energy to spare for essentially pointless activity.

No comments: