Thursday, March 10, 2005

Househunt humour

Old link, new audience. Shouts to the Scrivener for dredging it from the archives of Little Red Boat.
It's evident that there is at least one letting agent in London who either has sense of humour and an indulgent boss, or is unemployed. Springfields have vacancy lists here and here which seem to have been penned by an imaginative pre-pubescent. And thank the angels of office humour for that! Fifteen minutes of giggling later, and I have the entire staff of our office gathered around me measuring me up for the jacket with lots of buckles and funny backwards sleeves. I might get the afternoon off yet.
Some choice out-takes, if dredging through the actual ads lacks appeal:
  • This is a place to conquer the world from; or not, the choice is yours
  • provides plenty of room for inventive dance moves
  • There are two porters both called Jim who are very nice & helpful
  • price includes heating & hot water so you can have as many baths as you wish
I couldn't resist sending them my compliments on their chutzpah, and I was surprised to get a response in similar vein:
Thanks, we are glad you like them. A case of boredom & mild insanity made us start having a laugh with the adverts. We wondered if anybody would notice, they did and they seem to like them. It amuses me & doesn't seem to harm the business (it may actually have increased it slightly). Thanks & tell your friends if they want a flat......

Regards
John
Springfields
What a nice man.

Disclaimer: I honestly get no commission for any letting that occurs as a result of this entry. It's here purely for the amusement and edification of my admittedly very small group of readers.

No comments: