Thursday, November 03, 2005

No more code mining

Having tried BlogRolling, and finding it way too annoying to use, I've taken on the task of transferring my favourite URLs to a database and linking it to the necessary code to display on my blogs. And it works! It's a deep change rather than a cosmetic one, so you won't notice a difference to my sidebar, but it means no more digging through lines of HTML to add or amend a link. I've even managed to get it to produce multiple varieties of output for different layouts. Go me!

2 comments:

ScroobiousScrivener said...

What's so annoying about BlogRolling? but, go you anyway!

NikolaAnne said...

Isn't life strange... that whole 6 degrees of seperation thing...

I know Greg.
He knows ScroobiousScrivener.
ScroobiousScrivener looks at PixelDiva's Blog.
I go knitting on a Tuesday with PixelDiva.

:-)