Thursday, April 14, 2005

General election help

I'm a fairly apolitical beastie, but since it's been confirmed I can vote in the forthcoming election, I thought I'd do some research first. After all, you wouldn't buy a car without checking the alternatives, weighing up the costs and going for a test drive, would you?

Subsequently, I now understand how parliament is elected, what part my vote plays in this process, and how to do the deed itself. Now all I need to do is decide where my small but significant (isn't that what they all say) contribution should go. To that purpose, I have trawled the interwebnet (thank you, Max) and tripped across this handy comparison, which will be making the hard work of penetrating party promises just a fraction less tedious. Give it a spin; it's more fun than a barrel of coconuts.

No comments: