Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Technical assistance

I stopped using Internet Explorer quite a while back, having switched to FireFox. Last night I was at Paul's and, while checking up on my journal on his PC, noticed that IE6 was shoving my handy links menus all the way to the bottom of my blog. Firefox doesn't do this, leaving them instead at the top right where they're accessible on load. Could everyone who reads this entry please let me know which browser they're using and whether it shows the menus at the top or bottom right of the page or, in fact, somewhere else entirely? It wouldn't do for the rest of the world (all 2 of you) to think my layout was appalling or anything.

Update: I've had to contact Blogger tech support on this one. I've now tried the same page at work on IE6, where it does the same thing it did at Paul's, as well as on Netscape and Opera, and the only one that screws with the layout is IE6, surprise. Apologies to anyone who is stuck with it as a browser. My sidebar looks really spiffy in everything else, I swear!

Edit the last: Fixed. I hope. Tell me if it's not, please. It needs a re-think on the menus though, because they look dreadfully untidy now, but won't work the other way in IE6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use Internet Explorer. The links are at the bottom right.

Anonymous said...

Yep, they're at the top now!