Sunday, February 12, 2006

Simply delightful, delectable...

Del.icio.us. Why did it take me so long to come around to this? It's not as if I hadn't heard the word whispered in the aether, and I've been trawling the net for an online bookmarking* facility that would publish - selectively - to pretty much anywhere for a little while now, eventually resorting to doing it myself. Maybe the last time I looked, it hadn't evolved to a suitable level. That's no longer the case.

Hmm. gmail for email, flickr for pickers, del.icio.us for da links, 30 Boxes for my days, BirthdayAlarm for what it says on the box and blogger for my brain... Heaven help me if the web crashes! My extelligence relies on it.

*I'm sorry, blogrolling just doesn't cut it. Unless a vast array of tools becomes available with 'contributor' status , it just doesn't do what I want. del.icio.us does.

2 comments:

ScroobiousScrivener said...

Okay, explain: what's the point of del.ici.ous? I really don't get it. Why do I want to show the world my bookmarks?

greg said...

You might not want to, and that's not a problem either. What I like about it is that you can _choose_ whether or not you wish to share them and, whether you do or not, it's a much better vehicle for publishing the links you _do_ want the world to see to your blog or web pagfe or whatever. Blogrolling drives me nuts with its lack of categorisation or alphabetic ordering.